GOOREE PARK STUD PTY LIMITED
Gooree Park has recently opened its gates for thoroughbred agistment, yearling and mare sales preparation, spelling and pre-training.
We are now recruiting a Stud Manager to be instrumental in developing Gooree into a commercial thoroughbred farm specialising in agistment at all levels from foaling, neonatal care to weanling and yearling education as well as yearling and mare sale preparation.
As Stud Manager you will lead our skilled breeding team in providing current and new clients the highest level of professional care to their thoroughbred breeding stock.
Your main duties and responsibilities are managing horse logistical breeding activities, livestock production, staff management, staff training and marketing of our agistment business.
Duties and responsibilities including but are not limited to the following;
- Ensuring that a high level of daily care and management is given to all the horses at the Stud
- Implementing the Breeding Season Mating Plan and liaising closely with the various stud farms
- Implementation of the best industry breeding and foaling practices, education of foals, weanlings and yearlings
- Maintaining a high standard of preparing yearlings and broodmares for sale
- Regularly communicating with agistment clients
- Marketing and recruiting new agistment clients
- Day to day management of Staff movements and duties
- Having a strong communication and time management skills
- Implementing the approved annual Stud budget
- Coordination with the other members of the Gooree Park management team, consultants and other service providers like farriers, veterinarians, etc.
To be successful, you must have a comprehensive knowledge and experience in the thoroughbred industry. You must be able to share in the Vision of maintaining our past history of success and to capitalize and optimise the comparative advantage of our land for producing strong boned racehorses and offer present and prospective clientele a high standard of quality which Gooree Stud is known for.
An attractive remuneration package awaits the successful applicant, including an on-farm accommodation, etc. This will be commensurate with your level of skills and experience.
Please send resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.