ALL-ROUNDER FARM/STABLE HAND
Gooree Park Stud Pty Ltd
Mudgee – Central West NSW - Full Time
Gooree Park has recently opened its gates for thoroughbred agistment, spelling and pre-training, yearling and mare sales preparation.
We are now recruiting a motivated all-round individual to join the Pre Training & Spelling maintenance / ground staff. The all-rounder position is required to maintain the race tracks, grounds and training infrastructure.
As All-Rounder you will have experience in the maintenance and operations of machinery and equipment including water truck, tractor and implements, mowers, grader, irrigators, pumps etc. Experience with race horses is desirable but not essential.
Your main duties and responsibilities;
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the tracks, grounds and training infrastructure in accordance with the track rules and regulations.
- Ensure a safe environment for training track work and trialling of horses, stud grounds and infrastructure in accordance with environmental and OHS best practices.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and OHS legislation.
The Role involves
- Communicate very closely with your supervisor and/or manager regarding the racetracks condition and requirement or any other concerns.
- Carry out track maintenance duties as instructed by your supervisor and/or manager on both sand and grass racetracks, including grading, conditioning, screening, watering and periodic re-surfacing of tracks.
- Monitor, maintain and carry out general maintenance on operational machinery and equipment, including automotive watering system, pumps, water truck, tractors and implements, mowers etc.
- Assist with the caring, handling and feeding of thoroughbred race horses.
- Adhere to all instructions/routines as instructed by your supervisor and/or manager.
- Adhere to all stud procedures and OH&S farm requirements
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned by either your supervisor or other persons specifically authorised by the Business Manager.
To be successful, you must have a knowledge and experience in the farming and thoroughbred industry.
We offer above the award wages dependent on experience and suitability to the position. Gooree Park Group strictly enforces a NIL tolerance to drug and alcohol in the workplace.
Please send resume with a brief cover letter to email@example.com
HORSE EDUCATOR / TRACK RIDER
Our Racing Pre-training team is looking for motivated individuals to assist with the daily educating, exercising and caring of the race horses.
The horse educator / track rider position is available to experienced, capable horse rider who can manage young horse work from riding yearling back from breakers through to racehorses in full work and have skills that enables them to educate horses ready for racing.
Applicants must have proven experience and be able to competently perform track work, be physically fit and knowledge in racing matters will be preferable though not essential.
An above award package is being offered; we encourage Working Visa holders to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the excitement of thoroughbred racing, and to be part of a small but dedicated team. This could lead to a permanent position for the right applicant.
Gooree Park Group strictly enforces a NIL tolerance to drug and
alcohol in the workplace.
Stable-hand Fulltime Position
Gooree Park Stud is one of Mudgee district’s most historic and picturesque properties. Within our iconic white fences and surrounding rolling hills the Stud boasts over 30 large paddocks, 35 small yards, 80 barn stables and automatic horse walker, within an area of 645ha.
We are looking for a person with extensive horse handling and husbandry skills to assist our Stud Manager in the day to day running of the business.
The well-being of the horses at Gooree is an absolute priority and we require a candidate that is highly organised with a good eye for horses’ condition. Previous experience in the thoroughbred breeding industry is desirable.
The successful candidate will have experienced in the following:
- Performing all horse handling duties with confidence working with both juvenile and older horses
- Foaling, neonatal care to weanling and yearling education
- Weanling, Yearling and mare sales preparation
- Broodmare handling
- Good knowledge of horse husbandry requirements
- Veterinary administration assistance and keen observation skill
- Organising and applying dressing and treatments
- Transporting thoroughbred horses (MR truck license desirable)
A good work ethic is essential and it is understood that this a very hands on job and requires multi-tasking. The applicant must have a current driver’s license.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Gooree Park Group strictly enforces a NIL tolerance to drug and alcohol in the workplace.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the excitement of thoroughbred racing, and to be part of a small but dedicated team. To apply email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Hellen on 02 6378 1807.