GOOREE PARK STUD PTY LIMITED
HORSE EDUCATOR / TRACK RIDER
Our Racing Pre-training team is looking for motivated individuals to assist with the daily educating, exercising and caring of the race horses.
The horse educator / track rider position is available to experienced, capable horse rider who can manage young horse work from riding yearling back from breakers through to racehorses in full work and have skills that enables them to educate horses ready for racing.
Successful applicants will also be capable of identifying factors that affect racehorse performance, have excellent horsemanship and stable skills. Applicants must have proven experience and be able to competently perform fast gallop track work, be physically fit and knowledge in racing matters will be preferable though not essential.
An above award salary package is being offered, on-farm accommodation is available, this is a casual packages and Working Visa holders are encouraged to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the excitement of thoroughbred racing, and to be part of a small but dedicated team. This could lead to a permanent position for the right applicant. Gooree Park Group strictly enforces a NIL tolerance to drug and alcohol in the workplace.
Duties and responsibilities including but are not limited to the following;
- Daily educating, exercising and caring of the race horses
- Manage young horse work from riding yearling back from breakers
- Racehorses in full work
- Educate horses ready for racing.
- Identify factors that affect racehorse performance
- Horsemanship and stable skills.
- Perform fast gallop track work
- Knowledge in racing matters
- Trackwork (average 5 - 6 horses each morning)
- prepare horse (saddle/bridle)
- horses on walker / in sand round yard
- track work
- wash down horses
- Attend to horses
- medicate / relocate
- muck out boxes / yard stables
- Farm duties
- fence painting
Weekly Roster - 38 hours per week
- Monday to Saturday 5:30am – 10:30am & Monday to Friday 2pm – 4:30pm (4 x afternoons)